I’ve got exciting news for owners of small businesses in Queensland!
The Queensland Government is offering up to $10,000 in funding for small businesses to upgrade their online presence and digital marketing knowledge. This is an unbelievable opportunity if you need a new website or a major overhaul, or want to embark on online marketing, but you don’t quite have the funds.
The only catch is, the new round of applications close on 10 April 2017.
About the Qld Govt Digital Grants Program
The Small Business Digital Grants Program is aiming to give small businesses the opportunity to improve their online presence, and in turn grow their business. People like you may be eligible for up to $10,000 (excluding GST) to purchase digital technologies and services, including:
- Digital marketing and social media.
- Digital content, such as web pages (website maintenance and hosting not covered).
- Specialised digital technology.
- Digital planning, advice and training.
Up to 20% of your contribution can cover the time you’ve spent learning about new technologies and digital marketing. So technically you may only end up physically paying for 30% of the cost. How good is that?!
Benefits of improving your online marketing
To be awarded the funding, you’ll need to show how the technology or digital services you have purchased will enhance your digital capabilities and help you to be more competitive and employ more staff.
There are a million and one ways you can use online marketing to achieve business growth.
- An up-to-date, conversion-optimised website can send you more leads.
- An active social media presence will increase your brand awareness and give you a powerful way to connect with your prospects and customers.
- A regular email newsletter provides the opportunity to build customer relationships and promote new products and services and special offers.
- An ecommerce store gives you an online store to sell your products
- A membership site gives you an online platform to sell your training or information products
The list goes on.
If you’re not 100% convinced of the importance of a quality online presence, just check out these statistics.
- 81% of shoppers conduct online research before making purchases
- B2B researchers do 12 searches on average prior to engaging on a specific brand’s site
- 55% of visitors spend 15 seconds or less on your website. How will you grab their attention?
- 80% of Australians own a smart phone and nearly half of all internet usage is via mobile phone.
- Websites with between 50 and 100 pages generate 48% more traffic than those with between 1 and 49 pages.
- 50% of Australians use social media every day. Are you taking advantage of this?
- 61% of consumers like to receive weekly promotional emails and 28% want them even more frequently.
Check your eligibility
This is the eligibility criteria for the funding, as outlined by the Queensland Government.
To be eligible the business must:
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- have Queensland headquarters or significant Queensland-based operations
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
How we can help you with your grant application
To apply for this grant, you will need to complete their online application form and include a quote for digital marketing services or digital training/coaching/planning services from an expert provider.
At Commonsense Marketing we have extensive experience in providing these services to a range of small businesses in Qld, and we can help you with advice and the required quote – so you can get the ball rolling.
Don’t put this off. Applications close 10 April, 2017.
Opportunities this good don’t roll around very often. Make 2017 a huge year for your business with the help of this government funding.
Read the full details, and contact us now.