Sydney based company Wayne’s Wholesale Spares provides spare parts for appliances directly to local customers at their warehouse in Chipping Norton, and nationally through their Prestashop ecommerce store.
Owner Wayne Butterworth wasn’t happy with his website manager and contacted Commonsense Marketing in mid 2018about website hosting and management, and for help with strategies to improve ecommerce sales.
- Site contained copied information from a US website
- The categories were confusing
- Many products were missing images and had inadequate descriptions
- The website had not been optimised for SEO and was slow to load
- There were no marketing campaigns in place to build relationships with prospects and customers
- Provide fast and trustworthy service for reasonable cost
- Improve SEO rankings for popular product searches
- Increase online sales
- Have a strategic and tactical marketing plan in place and help to implement it
- Generate a good return on investment
- Receive regular, accurate reports of marketing and website activity
- Have a proactive marketing "partner" on the team who is responsive, energised and committed to growing the wwspares business.
We migrated the hosting to a more robust platform which improved speed and security, and then developed a marketing plan to achieve growth objectives.
Work undertaken includes:
- Fixing a range of functionality issues
- Updating key company, category and brand pages with correct information
- Integrating CRM email system to facilitate customer follow-up and marketing of monthly specials
- Updating analytics and conversion tracking to provide accurate reports
- Installing and customising add on to provide appliance documentation, and uploading appliance specs and manuals
- Updating products with images and descriptions
- Providing onsite and offsite SEO to improve search engine rankings
We continue to provide WW Spares with website hosting and update services, SEO and assistance with marketing campaigns.
2 years on from taking over management of the website and marketing, we are delighted to report the following results:
- Growth in Australian website visits from July 2018 to December 2020 –102%
- Increase in sales through website last 12 months over previous 12 months – 116%
Since engaging Commonsense Marketing to help us with our website and marketing, we have had a lot more customer inquiries regarding their specific spare part requirement, and more customers walking in off the street as they have found WWSpares in a google search.
Since teaming up with Commonsense Marketing my search ranking and keywords are now ahead of my competitors and I would highly recommend anyone looking for a new website or looking for better results in their SEO campaign to contact Commonsense Marketing.